Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Receptionist hired


Thanks to a friendly but discreet tip from one of you (thanks, Rocco!), I'm happy to report that I've found the ideal receptionist for Amalgamated.

Jonny Topaz comes highly recommended by all the drinking and dining establishments he's worked for. Our interview was short but enlightening.

ME: Do you have a resume, Mr. Topaz?

JONNY: In my business, a man's word is his bond, Miss Vivant.

ME: It's good to know I can trust you, but what about your work experience? Where have you been employed? What kind of work have you done?

JONNY: I been around. Here and there, doing what was necessary. I work for as long as any particular job takes. I see things through, you know? I don't think a classy lady like yourself would be familiar with the joints where I worked.

ME: What did you do at these ... joints?


JONNY: I eliminate the dangerous element, if you know what I mean. I keep the undesirables away.

Well, that did it for me. I hired him on the spot. Now when curiosity seekers get off the elevator and think they can wander into our offices, our receptionist will make sure they have a bona fide right to be here.

Did I mention that Mr. Topaz has a charming accent? I think he might be from the Bronx. New Yorkers are so cosmopolitan, don't you think?

No comments: